Summer Surf Camp
Our camps always focus on maintaining a safe learning environment for your child.
We are the only insured surf camp operating in Marin County and have over 15 years experience in teaching kids to surf. We want your child to have the best experience possible by receiving personal instruction. That's why we only take a limited number of kids per camp and have the best instructor to kid ratio around.
We will be offering our four day surf camps for
8 weeks this summer.
Don't wait to book as spaces fill up fast.
Sign up quickly and easily here:
Your child will receive instruction in surfing fundamentals, safety and etiquette from our best instructors. Your child will also learn how the environment affects surfing through storms, wind, tides and pollution. If your child has never surfed before and you want him or her to get off to the right start or they want to take their surfing to the next level, our summer camps are the right choice.
Each camp will involve 4 full days of surfing, boogie boarding and hanging out on Bolinas beach, the Bay Area's safest beginner beach.
We will be offering our 4-day surf camps for 8 weeks this summer. Don't wait to book as spaces fill up fast. Sign up quickly and easily here:
Week 1 - June 12th to June 15th
Week 2 - June 19th to June 22nd
Week 3 - June 26th to June 29th
Week 4 - July 10th to July 13th
Week 5 - July 17th to July 20st
Week 6 - July 24th to July 27th
Week 7 - July 31st to August 3rd
Week 8 - August 7th to August 10th
Age and Expectations:
Anchovies, age 6 to 8
Anchovies will improve their comfort in the water and their awareness of waves by surfing, boogie boarding and body surfing. They will also learn about tides, rip currents and beach ecology through educational beach games. Anchovies should expect to surf once per day. No surfing experience is required.
King Salmon, age 9 to 12
King Salmon will learn the basics in catching waves, standing and maneuvering. They will also learn about tides, rip currents and beach ecology. King Salmon should expect to surf twice per day and to boogie board, body surf and play beach games. No surfing experience is required.
Stellar Sea Lions, Age 13 and up
Stellar Sea Lions will practice reading waves, timing and maneuvering. They will also learn about tides, rip currents, surf forecasting and beach ecology. Stellar Sea Lions should expect to surf twice per day and to boogie board, body surf and play beach games. Some surfing experience is required.
Camp Schedule & Cost
Kids should arrive at 2 Mile Surf Shop in Bolinas at 9:30 am and be picked up at 3:10 pm. Camp runs from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on Monday through Friday. There is no camp on Fridays.
Camp cost is $400 per four day camp.
What is included:
- 4 days of surfing and boogie boarding with instruction from Bolinas Surf Lessons' best instructors.
- Four to five kids per instructor, 12-16 kids max per camp.
- Full time supervision on the beach and in the water.
- Wetsuit and board rental.
- Use of 2 Mile Surf Shop boogie boards.
- Bolinas Surf Lessons hat and stickers.
- Unforgettable experience.
What is not included:
- Transportation to 2 Mile Surf Shop. Parents can carpool or kids can take the Stage Coach bus service right to the surf shop.
- Food and drinks. Kids should bring a lunch and a canteen with water.
What kids should bring:
Towel, swim trunks, hooded sweat shirt, sandals, sunblock, lunch and water.
What kids shouldn't bring:
Short sleeve or short leg wetsuits, iPods or video games.
Kids must be able to swim!
Registration and Payment methods:
- To register and reserve a space in the camp please complete a registration form, read and sign the release of liability waiver and mail us a check or call with a credit card.
- Pay and reserve a space easily using our online schedule below:
- Call us at the 2 Mile Surf Shop and pay by phone with a credit at
- Send a check by mail to 2 Mile Surf Shop PO Box 445, Bolinas, CA, 94924. Make sure to include your completed registration and waiver forms.
100% payment is required to reserve a space in camp.
All cancellations must be made four weeks prior to the first day of camp. All cancellations made within four weeks will result in a 100% penalty. Missed days of camp are not refundable and are non-transferable.
Checks should be made payable to: 2 Mile Surf Shop.